Sunday, September 7, 2014

Vision Board and Therapy

During my massage therapy sessions last week, I was challenged to make a vision board to clarify what I want. I feel sad when I think about my goal to participate in an Ironman. The goal seems impossible, I have a broken back, I'm recovering from intensive chemotherapy treatments and I have lost all of my aerobic base that I worked so hard to build up. I spent two years of working out and now I feel like I'm worse off then when I started. I feel angry, so angry.

I committed to making a vision board by cutting out images from magazines and making a collage. Send a text message stating what actions I would take. I wrote that I would use the exercise ball, write in my journal, read scriptures, walk and swim. I starting writing in a notebook some of my thoughts but I have become very comfortable writing my thoughts in this blog. I hope this will suffice. I walked with my wife and I read scriptures. I have not been swimming.

No comments: