Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sports Massage Working out Emotions

http://www.massageenvy.com/types-of-massage/sports.aspxMassage therapy has been critical to help my back heal and to release emotions. Paired with chiropractic treatment and physical therapy it has helped me immensely. I've been receiving deep tissue massage treatments since July, a little over two months. Bradley specializes in sports massage and works with athletes at UVU. He has a gift for knowing how hard to push and when to pull away. After each session, It takes some courage to keep returning; it is painful. I have noticed that the pain levels have reduced with each additional treatment. I feel a little sore but it passes quickly and I feel much better.

The mind body connection is apparent as many emotions come to the surface during treatment. I have worked through rage, sadness and apathy. This has also caused a noticeable effect on a tumor in my abdomen. I notice in the last 15 minutes of the session that the tumor will swell or enlarge a little bit and it will cause my back to ache. Sometimes, it feels like it is on fire and it makes my stomach feel queasy. I believe the massage is helping to heal the cancer.

No comments: