Sunday, September 21, 2014

My Vision Board

I started to lose hope that I would ever feel normal again. On a daily basis, I have had to deal with blood tests, doctors appointments, and therapy. I have struggled with anger and oppressive sorrow. I wondered if I would be able to continue endurance training. This is my vision board. I combed thorough a collection of old magazines to cut out a collage of images that correlate with activities that I enjoy doing.

I pasted these images up on a wall next to where I sleep and overlapped them in a manner that I found pleasing.  These images inspire and motivate me.

Here is a guided tour. There is a triathlon medal that I took a few years ago from the American Fork Ice Breaker Sprint Triathlon. I have a picture of Scott Jurek with the words "going the distance". There is a picture of midieval armor representing the full armor of God. The globe picture with the words, "In all things" represents that God is always there in all times and all places. A sailboat is crossing the waters and a kayak boat in bright orange. A cross country skier is keeping fit through the long, cold winter days. Yoda has always been a hero, his slight stature, unassuming attire and wisdom to overcome his enemies. The force is strong with this one. The humming bird watching and encouraging me to stay strong and keep the course. The triathlete with their special blend of clothing to handle a swim, jump on a bike and then run. The Triathlon polar watch that I hope to use in tracking my training while swimming, biking and running each day. The swimmer moving through the water. Swimming can be grueling when I had to force the pace to swim the 2 miles in the required time of 2 hours and 20 minutes. I have the guy jumping for joy, it makes me smile. The thrill of running the trails and biking in tight formation. The vegetables with the words, "On the safe side" represent my transition into eating organic vegetables and fruits to heal cancer. The article from Hammer Nutrition with the words "fueled by the heart" inspires me and how she overcame great odds to achieve her title of Ironman. There is a pair of hands with a gold wrapped present under the globe. This is the gift of life that I have been given after I received a death sentence from the surgeon.

No comments: