Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fasting Prayer and Triathlon Training

I have always struggled to fast 2 meals on the first Sunday of each month. During my intense training schedule, I felt like I was fasting almost every day. I struggled to eat enough to meet the requirements of my voracious calorie burning metabolism.

I've tapered my workouts down for the past several weeks while I adjust to a job lay off. I was surprised when doing my fast this past Sunday was easy and comfortable. My mind was quiet and at peace.

I have been putting my household in order. The focus of my efforts during this time if transition is to return amy items I've borrowed. In addition, I'm throwing away unneeded detritus, donating or selling items of any value. Fixing and repairing tools and appliances. What a liberating and freeing feeling to put things in order!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Mark said...

Allen,

Didn't get to say goodbye. Hope everything is going well for you. Do you still have my Gymnastic DVDs?

LogIntuit said...

Hi Mark,

I gave the DVDs to Vince and he should have them today to return them to you. Thank you for loaning them to me. They were immensely helpful.