Thursday, November 20, 2014

Return to Attensity as Senior Technical Writer


I returned to the my office at Attensity in Salt Lake City yesterday, after a long leave on medical disability. It was great to see everyone again, kind of like attending a family reunion. I really appreciated the warm welcome back from many of my coworkers. There sure were a lot of new faces.

It was nice to get reacquainted and get my office space cleaned up and dusted off. In the time I was away, 12 people have left, 1 person came and left that I didn't even meet! The CEO was replaced and much of the top management has moved on to bigger and better things.

I found the commute to work is a challenge. It is a 2 hour trip there and 2 hours back on the train and bus. In the commute, I walk/run up a hill for a mile, ride the bus to the train station and then when I'm dropped off at Salt Lake Central, I walk another mile to my office. While on the train, I can catch up on some rest, read or just stare out the window at the beautiful scenery passing by.

I like my job at Attensity. It provides enough challenge to keep me interested and I'm learning some cool technology like natural language processing (NLP). I document software like Attensity Q, which enables you to search social media sources like Twitter, Facebook and blogs for mentions using keywords.

No comments: